Fatal Error

От Travis Kirtley
Тема Fatal Error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello, I was using holdem manager with support from postgresql for several =
months and recently it all came crashing down.=A0 I opened up Holdem Manage=
r and it said it couldn't connect to postgresql, so I did a little research=
.=A0 All in all what I found was:
=A0
postgreSQL won't start,=A0 I've tried to start it from the start menu and t=
hrough administrative tools->services.=A0 It says "starting...", a loading =
bar opens, it makes it about 50-60% across, stops and brings up a window sa=
ying "could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local C=
omputer.=A0 Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control=
 request in a timely fashion."
=A0
Further searching by the windows event viewer shows a postgreSQL error whic=
h leads me to writing this email.=A0 The error says "FATAL: syntax error in=
 file "C/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/postgresql.conf" line 1, near to=
ken "," ".=A0 I have no idea what this means or how to go about addressing =
this.=A0 One thought was to delete my old database (against this preferably=
) and see if that is the source of the issue.=A0=20
=A0
So far I've reinstated=A0previous windows states, removed any newish update=
s by windows and reinstalled postgreSQL, none of which has worked.=A0=20
=A0
Any Ideas?
Travis K.

=20=20=20=20=20=20=