Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage  (Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'll be happy if you do, but why haven't I haven't noticed, say, RedHat
> taking this line?

Less narrow-minded interpretation of GPL requirements, perhaps.
(And yes, we have real lawyers on staff considering these issues.)

libedit is a long way from being ready to replace readline,
much as one could wish it otherwise.  If Debian want to shoot
themselves in the foot like that, we can't stop them, but neither
should we be devoting our project resources to fixing libedit.

(I have seen some noise recently on the Fedora lists about putting
work into libedit, so maybe something good will come of that.
I'm just not ready to define it as my/our problem.)