Re: fix for BUG #3720: wrong results at using ltree

От Nikita Glukhov
Тема Re: fix for BUG #3720: wrong results at using ltree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 31.03.2020 1:12, Tom Lane wrote:

I wrote:
I dunno, that doesn't really seem clearer to me (although some of it
might be that you expended no effort on making the comments match
the new code logic).
... although looking closer, this formulation does have one very nice
advantage: for the typical non-star case with high = low = 1, the
only recursive call is a tail recursion, so it ought to consume less
stack space than what I wrote.
And we even can simply transform this tail call into a loop:

-if (tlen > 0 && qlen > 0)
+while (tlen > 0 && qlen > 0)

Let me see what I can do with the comments.
Thanks.

--
Nikita Glukhov
The Russian Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: fix for BUG #3720: wrong results at using ltree
Сообщение: Re: fix for BUG #3720: wrong results at using ltree