Re: Really really slow select count(*)

От Bob Lunney
Тема Re: Really really slow select count(*)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Ross,

Way off topic now, but from my time programming electrical meters I can tell you pulling the meter from its socket is
potentiallyan extremely dangerous thing to do.  If there is a load across the meter's poles the spark that results on
disconnectcould kill the puller instantly.  (You don't want to know what happens if the person isn't killed.)

I don't know what property your admin type is trying to protect, but I'm inclined to let it burn and live to work
throughthe insurance collection process.

Oh, and +1 for timed escalation of a shutdown.

Bob Lunney