Re: psql \c error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql \c error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Philip Yarra <philip@utiba.com> writes:
> Hi folks, I've found that CVS HEAD psql's \c doesn't quite behave as
> expected

Yeah, there were complaints about this already.  I think the problem was
introduced by this patch:

* doc/src/sgml/ref/psql-ref.sgml, src/bin/psql/command.c,src/bin/psql/help.c: Please find enclosed a patch that lets
youuse\c to connect (optionally) to a new host and port without exitingpsql.  This eliminates, IMHO, a surprise in that
youcan nowconnect to PostgreSQL on a differnt machine from the one where youstarted your session. This should help
peoplewho use psql as anadministrative tool.David Fetter

The patch seems not to behave very reasonably with respect to preserving
prior values for the newly-changeable connection parameters.  I haven't
got time to look into it myself right now though --- do you want to?