Re: BUG #2850: Cannot select from information_schema.schemat

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: BUG #2850: Cannot select from information_schema.schemat
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
--On Donnerstag, Dezember 21, 2006 15:47:40 +0000 Tony Marston
<tony@marston-home.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The fact that the SQL standard says that the schemata view is supposed to
> "Identify the schemata in a catalog that are owned by a given user" does
> not automatically mean that the information can *ONLY* be accessed by the
> owner. Any user should be able to see the schema to which they have
> access, owner or not.

The standard doesn't specify any given user, it specifies CURRENT_USER. Only
if CURRENT_USER is the owner of a schema (or CURRENT_USER inherits
ownership by membership) you are able (and allowed) to see the schema. While
I admit that this makes it hard to identify catalog schemata by an DBA via
the information_schema, the standard is quite clear here. I don't see any
ambiguity here....

If you need to go beyond what the standard allows, you have to use the
system
catalog.

--
  Thanks