Re: Different behaviour of concate() and concate operator ||

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Different behaviour of concate() and concate operator ||
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
amul sul <sul_amul@yahoo.co.in> writes:
> concat function and operator || have different behaviour, if any input is NULL.

The behavior of || is specified by the SQL standard, and it says (SQL99
6.27 <string value expression> general rule 2a):
           a) If either S1 or S2 is the null value, then the result of the             <concatenation> is the null
value.

So no, we're not changing it to be more like concat().