Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...

От: grant@amadensor.com
Тема: Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
 Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
  Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
 Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
   Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Scott Carey, )
    Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
 Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Ivan Voras, )

> My guess is its something hypervisor related.   If this happened on direct
> hardware I'd be more surprised.  Hypervisors have all sorts of stuff going
> on, like throttling the number of CPU cycles a vm gets.  In your idle
> case, your VM might effectively occupy 1Ghz of a CPU, but 2Ghz in the
> loaded case.

I will be building a new machine this weekend on bare hardware.   It won't
be very big on specs, but this is only 5 million rows, so it should be
fine.   I will try it there.