Re: pg_proc.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_proc.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> I vote for fixing the file (but then I'm not doing the work).
> Unused_oids or whatevers it's called is fine, but it's still handy to be
> able to read the file easily.

Our convention is that hand-assigned OIDs are *globally* unique,
not just within the particular catalog.  This means you *must* use
unused_oids to find a free OID; eyeballing the catalog listing isn't
enough, even if it were in strict order.

Given that, I think "readability" really consists in keeping related
functions together.  If we were going to do any wholesale reordering,
I'd want to see it done with an eye to sorting the functions into
logical groups, not a blind numeric sort.