Re: Global temporary tables

От Konstantin Knizhnik
Тема Re: Global temporary tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 13.08.2019 11:27, Craig Ringer wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 16:19, Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

On 13.08.2019 8:34, Craig Ringer wrote:
On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 00:47, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

But Postgres is not storing this information now anywhere else except statistic, isn't it?

not only - critical numbers are reltuples, relpages from pg_class

That's a very good point. relallvisible too. How's the global temp table impl handling that right now, since you won't be changing the pg_class row? AFAICS relpages doesn't need to be up to date (and reltuples certainly doesn't) so presumably you're just leaving them as zero?
As far as I understand relpages and reltuples are set only when you perform "analyze" of the table.

Also autovacuum's autoanalyze.

When it happen?
I have created normal table, populated it with some data and then wait several hours but pg_class was not updated for this table.

I attach to this mail slightly refactored versions of this patches with fixes of issues reported in your review.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company