Re: [GENERAL] huge table occupation after updates

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: [GENERAL] huge table occupation after updates
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Dec 10, 2016, at 7:27 AM, Tom DalPozzo <t.dalpozzo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I'd like to do that! But my DB must be crash proof! Very high reliability is a must.
> I also use sycn replication.
> Regards
> Pupillo
>

> Are each of the updates visible to a user or read/analyzed by another activity?  If not you can do most of the update
inmemory and flush a snapshot periodically to the database.

This list discourages top posting. You’re asked to place your reply at the bottom

You haven’t laid out you’re application architecture (how many clients, who is reading who is writing, etc). Caching
doesn’tmean your database is any less crash proof.  At that rate of activity, depending on architecture, you could lose
updatesin all sorts of crash scenarios.

От: Tom DalPozzo
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] huge table occupation after updates
От: Tom DalPozzo
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] huge table occupation after updates