Re: Extracting object source code from database to store in CVS...

От Sean Davis
Тема Re: Extracting object source code from database to store in CVS...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You can look at the system catalogs.  In particular, look at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/catalogs.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/catalog-pg-proc.html

You can do something like

select proname,prosrc from pg_proc;

as an example.  You could use one of the procedure languages like
plperl to grab all the current function definitions, dump them to text
files with respective names (some notice will have to be paid to
overloaded functions, I suppose), and when necessary, read in the
file(s) of new/edited functions and executing the sql to drop/create or
recreate them.

Hope this helps
Sean