Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Before I send a new series of patches... There is one thing that I am
> still troubled with: the compilation of pgcrypto. First from
> contrib/pgcrypto/Makefile I am noticing the following issue with this
> block:
> CF_SRCS = $(if $(subst no,,$(with_openssl)), $(OSSL_SRCS), $(INT_SRCS))
> CF_TESTS = $(if $(subst no,,$(with_openssl)), $(OSSL_TESTS), $(INT_TESTS))
> CF_PGP_TESTS = $(if $(subst no,,$(with_zlib)), $(ZLIB_TST), $(ZLIB_OFF_TST))
> How is that correct if src/Makefile.global is not loaded first?
> Variables like with_openssl are still not loaded at that point.

Um, you do know that Make treats "=" definitions of variables as,
essentially, macro definitions?  The fact that with_openssl isn't
set yet doesn't necessarily mean these definitions are wrong.
Is it actually not working for you, or are you just not understanding
why it works?