Re: Use PSQLFS for photo storage

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: Use PSQLFS for photo storage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 13, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Jason Long wrote:

> I would like to use PSQLFS(http://www.edlsystems.com/psqlfs/)
> to store 100 GB of images in PostgreSQL.
>
> Once they are in there I can deal with them.  My main purpose is to
> use rsync to get the files into the database.
>
> Is there a better way to load 20,000 plus files reliably into
> Postgres?

If it's a filesystem then you'd get the files into the system
by copying them there. You wouldn't want to touch the
database manually (that'd be like touching the raw disk
device on a real filesystem).

Conversely, it's just a filesystem. There's not really any use
to putting a filesystem on top of a database on top of a filesystem
other than the (significant) hack value.

In other words, you probably don't really want to do this.

Cheers,
   Steve