Re: Backup and restore through JDBC

От Marlon Petry
Тема Re: Backup and restore through JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Marlon Petry wrote:
>>

>>     pg_dump and pg_restore do not need to run on the server machine.
>>     Why not
>>     just run them where you want the dump stored?
>>

>> But I would need to have installed pg_dump and pg_restore in machine
>> client?
>> Without having installed pg_dump and pg_restore,how I could make
>>

> You can't. pg_dump in particular embodies an enormous amount of
> knowledge that simply does not exist elsewhere. There is no
> dump/restore API, and there is nothing you can hook up to using JNI,
> AFAIK.
Recently, there was the proposal to extract that knowledge to a library
(making pg_dump itself just a wrapper). This sounds valuable more and
more, is anybody working on this for 8.3?

Regards,
Andreas

I have interest in working,how i could start ?

regards,marlon

От: Markus Schaber
Сообщение: Re: Backup and restore through JDBC
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Block B-Tree concept