Re: Rows created by a stored proc prompt Access' dreaded "write conflict"

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: Rows created by a stored proc prompt Access' dreaded "write conflict"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Maybe you need some ODBC settings reconfigured:
Here's what I have, I read a couple of these settings on various lists
and websites and others were the defaults. I would guess if you don't
have row versioning checked, that is the problem.
Also, if you change ODBC settings you have to delete(unlink) the table
and relink it. Just going to Linked Table Manager and refreshing
doesn't do it. Access stores the ODBC settings in each table and does
not really refresh it. So anytime you change the ODBC settings you
have to delete all tables and relink them before it will catch. I
would recommend deleting one table and testing, if possible, and when
you find a setting that works then redo all the tables.
Also I'm using 8.0beta1, so that might also be a difference.

I'm using psqlODBC
Page 1:   The only checks I have  are Disable Genetic Optimizer, KSQO
and Recognize Unique Indexes. Unknown Sizes is set to Maximum.
Max Varchar and LongVarchar are 4094.
Page 2:
The ones I have checked are LF<>CR?LF conversion, Updateable Cursors
and Row Versioning. (If you don't have row versioning, that might be
the problem, I'm pretty sure it's not a default)
I tested both True is -1 on and off and it didn't make a difference,
now I have it off.
Int8 is Default and I'm not showing OID. Protocol is 7.X,6.4+

Let us know how it goes.

Thank You
Sim Zacks
IT Manager
CompuLab
04-829-0145 - Office
04-832-5251 - Fax

Hi Sim,
        Thanks for the advice.  The problem persists when I close and reopen
any of the objects, or even the database client.  I suspect it has
something to do with how Access determines the uniqueID of the row, but
that's only because that seems to be the major issue with Access and
ODBC.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric