Re: I/O support for composite types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: I/O support for composite types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> regression=# insert into bar values (row(row(1.1, 2.2), row(3.3, 4.4)));

BTW, I forgot to mention that the keyword ROW is optional as long as
you've got at least two items in the row expression, so the above can
be simplified to

regression=# insert into bar values (((1.1, 2.2), (3.3,4.4)));
INSERT 155011 1

Some other examples:

regression=# select (1,2)::complex;
ERROR:  output of composite types not implemented yet
regression=# select cast ((1,2) as complex);
ERROR:  output of composite types not implemented yet

Looking at these, it does seem like it would be natural to get back
complex

so I'll now agree with you that the I/O syntax should use parens not
braces as the outer delimiters.