Re: Sometimes referential integrity seems not to work

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sometimes referential integrity seems not to work
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Enio Schutt Junior wrote:
>> In a database I am working, I sometimes have to delete all the records in
>> some tables. According to the referential integrity defined in the creation
>> of the tables, postmaster should not delete the records, but it does. I have
>> used the following commands: "delete from table_1" and "truncate table_1".
>> can the postgres user delete records despite referential integrity?

> It shouldn't.  Can you give your version information and a complete
> standalone example?

I think the first PG release or two that had TRUNCATE TABLE would allow
you to apply it despite the existence of foreign-key constraints on the
table.  Recent releases won't though.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Sometimes referential integrity seems not to work
Сообщение: Re: Sometimes referential integrity seems not to work