PGSQL and NPGSQL does not display exact errors

От RPK
Тема PGSQL and NPGSQL does not display exact errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
PGSQL and NPGSQL does not display exact error while using with VB.NET. We
faced a lot of trouble to find out actually where an error occured.

For example in a routine we need to insert a record to the table. I forgot
to use "values" clause in the Insert Query, but PGSQL displayed error "No
source code available" in the routine where we opened the connection.
Whereas, Oracle displayed exact error that "Invalid Insert statement".

There are many such situation where we remained puzzled and later found
error somewhere else.