Re: Weird prepared stmt behavior

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Weird prepared stmt behavior
Дата
Re: Weird prepared stmt behavior
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is this expected?  If so, why?  I'd expect the prepared stmt to be
> deallocated.

prepare.c probably should have provisions for rolling back its state to
the start of a failed transaction ... but it doesn't.

Before jumping into doing that, though, I'd want to have some
discussions about the implications for the V3 protocol's notion of
prepared statements.  The protocol spec does not say anything that
would suggest that prepared statements are lost on transaction rollback,
and offhand it seems like they shouldn't be because the protocol is
lower-level than transactions.