Re: Scadinavian characters in regular expressions

От Søren Vainio
Тема Re: Scadinavian characters in regular expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
There is obviously a problem with the scecial characters.
The query SELECT 'oneå two three' ~ '^[^ ]+[ ][^ ]+$';
produced FALSE on a database with ENCODING = 'LATIN1' and TRUE on a database
with ENCODING = 'UNICODE'.

Do you have a suggestion to how I can find the count of two-word strings
with ENCODING = 'UNICODE'?

Thank you
Søren Vainio

nctions-matching.html

In the above, it's even worse: the backslashes were eaten by the
string-literal parser, so what arrived at the RE engine was just
^[^s]+[s][^s]+$ ... not likely to produce what you wanted.

As for the original issue, I wonder whether you are storing the string
as UTF-8 or Latin1 encoding.  I have a suspicion that the å (å
å a-ring) is actually a multibyte sequence inside the database
and for some reason Postgres isn't configured to recognize it as a
single logical character.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: