Re: replication primary writting infinite number of WAL files

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: replication primary writting infinite number of WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 24.11.23 um 13:52 schrieb Les:

> Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> wrote (2023. nov. 24., P,
> 13:22):
>

>     Am 24.11.23 um 12:39 schrieb Les:
>     >
>     > Hello,
>     >

>     please check the database log, a VACUUM can also lead to massive wal
>     generation. Can you find other related messages? by the way, the
>     picture
>     is hard to read, please post text instead of pictures.
>

> First I was also thinking about vacuum.  But removing a replication
> slot should have no effect on vacuum on the primary (AFAIK). Please
> correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah, depends. there are 2 processes:

* 1 process generating the wal's, maybe a VACUUM
* an inactive slot holding the wals

For instance, if a standby not reachable the wal's will accumulated
within the slot, till the standby is reachable again.

Andreas

--
Andreas Kretschmer - currently still (garden leave)
Technical Account Manager (TAM)