Re: 7.4.11 HP-UX ia64 build error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4.11 HP-UX ia64 build error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> I'm having trouble building 32-bit pgsql 7.4.11 on the latest
> release of HP-UX 11.23 on ia64, and need a little help.

> Here's my compiler:
> cc: HP aC++/ANSI C B3910B A.06.05 [Jul 25 2005]

We support that combination in PG 8.0 and later.  If you really want
7.4 on that platform, you can build it with gcc, or see about
back-porting the ia64/non-gcc fixes that went into 8.0, which would
include at least these:

    * src/Makefile.shlib: Tweak HPUX shared-library build flags, per
    Shinji Teragaito.

    * src/: Makefile.shlib, makefiles/Makefile.hpux: Fix shared library
    linking operations to work properly on all (or at least more)
    combinations of HP-UX hardware, compiler, and linker.  Shinji
    Teragaito and Tom Lane.

    * src/include/port/hpux.h: Apparently HPUX runs the IA64 in
    big-endian mode.

    * src/backend/utils/adt/float.c: Cope with recent HPUX versions
    providing isfinite() instead of finite().

    * src/include/storage/s_lock.h: Add s_lock support for HPUX on
    IA64, per Shinji Teragaito.

There are a lot of other build-process changes in 8.0, which might or
might not be relevant.