Re: Installation problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Installation problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
phil campaigne <pcampaigne@charter.net> writes:
> I'm trying ot install postgresql 8.0.4 on suse 9.0.

> I can run ./configure but when I try to run make, the program cannot
> find a usable c compiler.

You should probably ask on some SUSE-related lists about the procedure
for installing the C compiler and development tools ... if you don't
have a compiler then you very probably haven't got a lot of other
packages you will need, such as system header files.

(Although actually, I don't see why you are bothering to install PG
from source --- SUSE provides PostgreSQL packages don't they?)