Re: Setting a pre-existing index as a primary key

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Setting a pre-existing index as a primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jonah H. Harris" <jonah.harris@gmail.com> writes:
> ALTER TABLE blah ADD ... PRIMARY KEY (...) USING PREBUILT INDEX index_hame

> If the user doesn't specify CONSTRAINT constraint_name, it will
> default to current implicit behavior of col_pkey.

IOW, the default behavior is to rename the index?  Doesn't seem to me
to satisfy the principle of least surprise.

I agree with Andrew that creating new keywords just for noise purposes
is not gonna happen.

Сообщение: Re: Setting a pre-existing index as a primary key
Сообщение: Re: Setting a pre-existing index as a primary key