Debugging the JDBC drivers...

От Christian Cryder
Тема Debugging the JDBC drivers...
Дата
Re: Debugging the JDBC drivers...  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Couple of questions as I dive into debugging the JDBC drivers.

1. is this the correct place to ask questions of the JDBC developers?
Or is there a separate dev list?

2. I am invoking PreparedStatement.setTimestamp(int i, Timestamp t1)
and I need to figure out where t1 actually gets converted into what
gets sent across the wire. I have found my way to
QueryExecutorImpl.sendBind() [ca. line 770] where I see this debugging
statement:

    FE=> Bind(stmt=null,portal=null,$1=<2005-04-03 02:29:43.000000-0700>)

At this point, t1 is correct, but sometime between here and the actual
insert into the db, it is getting rolled forward an hour. I need help
locating the spot that is doing that.

3. Is there any "roadmap" kind of document that might help me
understand how things are laid out, where to look, etc?

tia,
Christian