Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/client-auth.sgml oc/src/sgm ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/client-auth.sgml oc/src/sgm ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> While is not ideal, I am not too concerned that USER commands will
> reread all config files.  Maybe we should wait to see if anyone reports
> a problem with this behavior before adding code to correct it.

But Peter's already complaining ;-) ... and you were concerned about it
too, yesterday.

I went ahead and made the changes, because I think we'd have been forced
into it sooner or later anyway.  We didn't have any spare signal numbers
in the postmaster, so the next new reason for child processes to signal
the postmaster would've forced creation of this mechanism anyhow.