Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Okay, how do we refer to the "RI_FKey_cascade_del" function then? Or
> trigger "RI_ConstraintTrigger_2204908". Using $$ quoting? Invent
> another quoting style?

Yeah, I was wondering about those myself.  Probably we could just change
their names to something that could still be spelled.  Or do nothing ---
I can't see any obvious reason why the average user would need to
reference those functions/triggers anyway, and if he did, he could turn
off the force-lowercase flag.

> Depends at what level you do the conversion. But lowercasing here means
> that people producing HTML tables using psql and providing multi word
> titles are going to be mightily disappointed if their titles are
> lowercased on them.

If they care about case, they wouldn't be turning this flag on anyway.

What we are looking for here is a simple, understandable hack that
solves 95% of the problem for legacy applications.  Not something that
we'd encourage people to have on at all times.