Re: Bug in GiST paring heap comparator

От Nikita Glukhov
Тема Re: Bug in GiST paring heap comparator
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 13.09.2019 20:17, Alexander Korotkov wrote:

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 5:23 PM Nikita Glukhov <n.gluhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
I have moved handling of NULL ordering keys from opclasses to the common
SP-GiST code, but really I don't like how it is implemented now. Maybe it's
worth to move handling of NULL order-by keys to the even more higher
level so,
that AM don't have to worry about NULLs?
Yes, optimizer could remove away "col op NULL" clauses from ORDER BY
if op is strict operator.  And then such clauses wouldn't be passed to
AM.  But I see this as future improvement.  For backpatching we should
solve this at AM side.

Also I leaved usages of IndexOrderByDistance in opclasses. I think, that
may help to minimize opclass changes in the future.
Could you please extract this as a separate patch.  We can consider
this for master, but we shouldn't backpatch this.
Propagation of IndexOrderByDistance in SP-GiST was extracted into a separate
patch #2.
--
Nikita Glukhov
The Russian Postgres Company