Re: 7.0 installation problem, help please :-(

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.0 installation problem, help please :-(
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Travis Bauer <trbauer@indiana.edu> writes:
> That's odd.  This is the error I got compiling pgsql 6.5 on Solaris.  I
> never resolved the problem.  However, the 7.0 source did not give this
> error.  Maybe this is a stupid question, but are you sure you have the
> most recent source code?

> On Tue, 23 May 2000, Chris Chan wrote:
>> stringinfo.c: In function `appendStringInfo':
>> stringinfo.c:104: `va_list' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> stringinfo.c:104: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> stringinfo.c:104: for each function it appears in.)

This would seem to indicate that <stdarg.h> isn't getting included,
which in turn suggests that the configure script didn't define
STDC_HEADERS (look in include/config.h to confirm or deny that).
The autoconf manual lists a number of reasons for not defining
STDC_HEADERS:

 - Macro: AC_HEADER_STDC
     Define `STDC_HEADERS' if the system has ANSI C header files.
     Specifically, this macro checks for `stdlib.h', `stdarg.h',
     `string.h', and `float.h'; if the system has those, it probably
     has the rest of the ANSI C header files.  This macro also checks
     whether `string.h' declares `memchr' (and thus presumably the
     other `mem' functions), whether `stdlib.h' declare `free' (and
     thus presumably `malloc' and other related functions), and whether
     the `ctype.h' macros work on characters with the high bit set, as
     ANSI C requires.

Any reasonably recent Unix system ought to pass those checks AFAIK,
but maybe there's a screw loose somewhere...