Re: [GENERAL] Accessing DB2 tables from postgresql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Accessing DB2 tables from postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/27/2017 03:11 AM, Swapnil Vaze wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to access few table present in DB2 LUW from postgres9.5
> database.
>
> I have installed unixODBC driver and connection to DB2 is working fine.
> I have installed CartoDB/odbc_fdw foreign data wrappers.
> I have user below commands to create foreign table:
> $ create extension odbc_fdw;
> $ CREATE USER MAPPING FOR postgres SERVER odbc_server_db2
> options(odbc_UID '<username>', odbc_PWD '<password>');
> $ CREATE FOREIGN TABLE odbc_table (CTGRY_ID INTEGER, CTGRY_CD
> VARCHAR(10),UPDT_TS TIMESTAMP) SERVER odbc_server_db2 OPTIONS (database
> 'TESTV9', schema 'schema1', table 'table1' );
>
> All commands work fine, however when I try to select data from table it
> throws error:
> $ select * from odbc_table;
> ERROR:  Executing ODBC query
>
> Can anyone help me here?

Might want to take a look at:

https://github.com/CartoDB/odbc_fdw

 From  the examples above you need to prefix some settings with odbc_.
In your example that would be odbc_database 'TESTV9' instead of database
'TESTV9'.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com