Re: Should we have an optional limit on the recursion depth of recursive CTEs?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Should we have an optional limit on the recursion depth of recursive CTEs?
Дата
Re: Should we have an optional limit on the recursion depth of recursive CTEs?  (Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Should we have an optional, disabled-by-default limit on the
> recursion/iteration depth of recursive CTEs to guard against stupid
> queries that loop ad infinitum?

I think not ...

> I'd suggest that an appropriate interface would be an int GUC with a
> GucContext of PGC_SUSET, so that DBAs can impose system-wide limits.

... and that would be a seriously bad API.  There are not SUSET
restrictions on other resources such as work_mem.  Why do we need
one for this?

By and large, this sounds like a solution looking for a problem.