Re: [HACKERS] bug in 6.5.3...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] bug in 6.5.3...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
> I looked in the "TODO" list and didn't find any mention of
> avg() or relevant items regarding aggregates so here's my
> bug du jour:

> acs=> create table foo(p numeric(9,2));
> CREATE
> acs=> select avg(p) from foo;
> ERROR:  overflow on numeric ABS(value) >= 10^-1 for field with precision 0
> scale 1723
> acs=>
> acs=> insert into foo values(3);
> INSERT 1014409 1
> acs=> select avg(p) from foo;
> ERROR:  overflow on numeric ABS(value) >= 10^-1 for field with precision 0
> scale 1723

That's a known bug I believe (Jan, are you paying attention?).  It seems
to be platform-dependent --- in current sources, I see no failure on an
HPUX box, but a Linux box fails with
ERROR:  overflow on numeric ABS(value) >= 10^-1 for field with precision 2077 scale 22808
Maybe a big-vs-little-endian kind of problem?