Re: Permission problem with create tablespace

От Andras Simon
Тема Re: Permission problem with create tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/17/06, Leonel Nunez <lnunez@enelserver.com> wrote:

> Correction to my   prior  mail
>
> do this as root :
>
> chcon system_u:object_r:postgresql_db_t  /opt/home/pgdata/mspace
>

> When you need to know what config has any directory for SELinux
> do a:
>
> ls -lZ   /your/dir
>
> and if you need  /your/otherdir  the same  set the configuration for
> SELinux with  chcon
>
> check the  /var/lib/pgsql  and you get :
> [root@fedora ~]# ls -lZ /var/lib/pgsql/
> drwx------  postgres postgres system_u:object_r:var_lib_t      backups
> drwx------  postgres postgres system_u:object_r:postgresql_db_t data
> -rw-------  postgres postgres system_u:object_r:postgresql_log_t
> pgstartup.lo
>
> we set the SELinux permissions  to yourdir  as the permissions that
> /var/lib/pgsql/data has

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! To try it, I have to
wait for the next reboot, because in order to get moving, I checked

SELinux > Modify SELinux Policy > SELinux Service Protection > Disable
SELinux Protection for postgresql daemon

in system-config-securitylevel, and these kind of changes don't seem
to take effect until the next reboot (although I think they should; I
see 'avc: denied...' messages when I'm doing this, so there just may
be some other SELinux problems here).

Thanks a lot,

Andras