Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?

От Gene Wirchenko
Тема Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paulie <linehan.paul@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>No CPU data, no disk array data - they haven't even chosen
>an OS and are not sure where to put their web server (and
>no mention of an app server tier!).

     It might be a real project, but it has a feel of irreality.  I
can not tell if it is wishful thinking or just a homework project.

>Maybe they should run with the mauve db?

     Paulie, I am shocked, simply shocked at your poor advice.

     OP stated: 'Since the server may come with only 32GB of RAM,
which SQL can run the "leanest" - that is, not a memory hog?'

     Remember:  mauve has the most RAM, so it would not be appropriate
here.
</silly>

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
     I have preferences.
     You have biases.
     He/She has prejudices.

Сообщение: Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?
Сообщение: Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?