Re: [ODBC] PGAPI_ProcedureColumns and no support for table outputarguments

От Inoue, Hiroshi
Тема Re: [ODBC] PGAPI_ProcedureColumns and no support for table outputarguments
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Matej,

On 2017/04/21 15:53, Matej.PgODBC@Neosys wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 15:35:23 +0900
> "Inoue, Hiroshi" <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2017/04/13 12:08, Matej.PgODBC@Neosys wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> While debugging the driver, I've noticed that there is no support for table output arguments (proargmodes = 't').
>>>
>>> Is this intentional or is it a simple omission or even a bug?
>> When SQLProcedureColumns() was implemented, table output arguments did
>> not exist.
>> Unfortunately I've not known table output arguments.
>> Is it OK to interpret them as OUT parameters?
> Good morning Hiroshi,
>
> I think the appropriate mapping for the table output columns is SQL_RESULT_COL.
>
> I am slightly confused why an additional column with no name and type SQL_RESULT_COL is being reported with
proceduresreturning table results. I would expect an additional SQL_RETURN_VALUE field, but what I am seeing is like a
duplicationof one, perhaps the last one, of the output table's columns.

OK, how about the attached patch?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

> We are still in the process of validating this change. The first results with our application are positive, but we
haven'tmade any systematic tests.

> Regards,
>     Matej.
>> regards,
>> Hiroshi Inoue

Вложения

От: "Matej.PgODBC@Neosys"
Сообщение: Re: [ODBC] PGAPI_ProcedureColumns and no support for table outputarguments
От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: [ODBC] [bug fix] Handling the case where character conversion fails