Re: Less-silly selectivity for JSONB matching operators

От Alexey Bashtanov
Тема Re: Less-silly selectivity for JSONB matching operators
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom,

The patches look entirely reasonable to me.
The second one needs to be rebased.

I like the idea of stubbing matchjoinsel for now,
as well as being careful with operators that may correlate with sort
orderings.

The only little thing I can think of is hardcoding it as 2 * DEFAULT_EQ_SEL.
While I don't have any arguments against the value itself I think it
should be configurable independently.
Sadly DEFAULT_MATCH_SEL name is already taken for text patterns.
Not sure if it's a reason to rename all the stuff.

Best, Alex