Re: Optimization of vacuum for logical replication

От Konstantin Knizhnik
Тема Re: Optimization of vacuum for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

<968fc591-51d3-fd74-8a55-40aa770baa3a@postgrespro.ru>
>> Ok, you convinced me that there are cases when people want to combine
>> logical replication with streaming replication without slot.
>> But is it acceptable to have GUC variable (disabled by default) which
>> allows to use this optimizations?
> The odds are quite high. Couldn't we introduce a new wal_level
> value instead?
>
> wal_level = logical_only
>

> I think this thread shows that logical replication no longer is a
> superset(?) of physical replication.  I thougt that we might be
> able to change wal_level from scalar to bitmap but it breaks
> backward compatibility..
>
> regards.

I can propose the following patch introducing new level logical_only.
I will be please to receive comments concerning adding new wal_level and
possible problems caused by it.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company