Re: pg_dump bug for extension owned tables

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_dump bug for extension owned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/6/20 5:19 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> Thanks, Committed. Further investigation shows this was introduced in
>> release 12, so that's how far back I went.
> Still further investigation shows that this patch caused bug #16655 [1].
> It should *not* have been designed to unconditionally clear the
> table's "interesting" flag, as there may have been other reasons
> why that was set.  The right way to think about it is "if we are
> going to dump the table's data, then the table certainly needs its
> interesting flag set, so that we'll collect the per-attribute info.
> Otherwise leave well enough alone".

Yes, I see the issue. Mea culpa :-(

> The patches I proposed in the other thread seem like they really ought
> to go all the way back for safety's sake.  However, I do not observe
> any crash on the test case in v11, and I'm kind of wondering why not.
> Did you identify exactly where this was "introduced in release 12"?

It looks like you've since discovered the cause here. Do you need me to
dig more?

cheers

andrew

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: Improve choose_custom_plan for initial partition prune case
Сообщение: Re: Improve choose_custom_plan for initial partition prune case