Re: Improving pg_dump performance when handling large numbers of LOBs

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Improving pg_dump performance when handling large numbers of LOBs
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 2/5/24 11:35 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, Feb 5, 2024 at 2:01 PM Wyatt Tellis <wyatt.tellis@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We've inherited a series of legacy PG 12 clusters that each contain a database that we need to migrate to a PG 15 cluster. Each database contains about 150 million large objects totaling about 250GB.

250*10^9 / (150*10^6) = 1667 bytes.  That's tiny.

Am I misunderstanding you?

I think it less about the size of the individual objects then the number (150 million) of them.

AFAIK that can't be handled by COPY, therefore they have to be transferred individually.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Improving pg_dump performance when handling large numbers of LOBs
Сообщение: Re: Improving pg_dump performance when handling large numbers of LOBs