Re: [HACKERS] Same expression more than once in partition key

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Same expression more than once in partition key
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/06/24 5:04, Tom Lane wrote:
>> We also allow the same column more than once in an index.  We probably
>> don't have to be more strict here.
>
> There actually are valid uses for the same column more than once in
> an index, eg if you use a different operator class for each instance.
> I find it hard to envision a similar use-case in partitioning though.

So, does this mean we don't need to apply Nagata-san's patch for now?

As far as the partitioning internals are concerned, I see no harm in
allowing a column to appear more than once in the partition key.  OTOH, I
too don't see a partitioning use-case which would require it.

Thanks,
Amit