Re: [HACKERS] ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collation entries(Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE and work_memvalues)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collation entries(Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE and work_memvalues)
Дата
Ответ на [HACKERS] ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collation entries (Was: [BUGS]Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE and work_mem values)  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collation entries(Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE and work_mem values)  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Re: [HACKERS] ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collation entries (Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE and work_mem values)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/6/17 20:07, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> I've looked into this. I'll give an example of what keyword variants
> there are for Greek, and then discuss what I think each is.

I'm not sure why we want to get into editorializing this.  We query ICU
for the names of distinct collations and use that.  It's more than most
people need, sure, but it doesn't cost us anything.  The alternatives
are hand-maintaining a list of collations, or installing no collations
by default.  Both of those are arguably worse for users or for future
code maintenance or both.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] max_files_per_processes vs others uses of filedescriptors
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] max_files_per_processes vs others uses of file descriptors