Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От David Steele
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/2/20 7:12 AM, David Steele wrote:

> None of this really solves the problem of what happens when the user
> dumps the backup_label into the data directory. With traditional backup
> software that's pretty much going to be the only choice. Is telling them
> not to do it and washing our hands of it really enough?

After some thought I believe there are several recommendations we could
give in the docs about what to do with the backup_label file.

This patch, though, looks to be a dead end. I think the best thing to do
is withdraw the patch and end the thread.

I'll start a new thread when I have a patch/design that implements the
new ideas we have discussed.

Regards,
--
-David