Re: partition question for new server setup

От Whit Armstrong
Тема Re: partition question for new server setup
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks, Scott.

So far, I've followed a pattern similar to Scott Marlowe's setup.  I
have configured 2 disks as a RAID 1 volume, and 4 disks as a RAID 10
volume.  So, the OS and xlogs will live on the RAID 1 vol and the data
will live on the RAID 10 vol.

I'm running the memtest on it now, so we still haven't locked
ourselves into any choices.

regarding your comment:
> 6 and 8 disk counts are tough.  My biggest single piece of advise is to have
> the xlogs in a partition separate from the data (not necessarily a different
> raid logical volume), with file system and mount options tuned for each case
> separately.  I've seen this alone improve performance by a factor of 2.5 on
> some file system / storage combinations.

can you suggest mount options for the various partitions?  I'm leaning
towards xfs for the filesystem format unless someone complains loudly
about data corruption on xfs for a recent 2.6 kernel.

-Whit