Why PostgreSQL doesn't implement a semi sync replication?

От 余森彬
Тема Why PostgreSQL doesn't implement a semi sync replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all:

    As we know, the synchronous commit process is blocked while
receives from acknowledgement from standby in

PostgreSQL.This is good for data consistence in master and standby, and
application can get important data from standby.But

when the standby crash or network goes wrong, the master could be
hang.Is there a feature plan for a semi sync like MySQL

InnoDB(set a timer, and become asynchronous when timeout)?