Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings

От Ciprian Dorin Craciun
Тема Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 3:42 AM, marcin mank <marcin.mank@gmail.com> wrote:
>>    Yes, the figures are like this:
>>    * average number of raw inserts / second (without any optimization
>> or previous aggregation): #clients (~ 100 thousand) * #sensors (~ 10)
>> / 6seconds = 166 thousand inserts / second...
>
> this is average?
> 166 000 * 20 bytes per record * 86400 seconds per day = 280GB / day ,
> not counting indices.
>
> What is the time span You want to have the data from?
>
> Greetings
> Marcin

    Well I'm not sure for the archival period... Maybe a day, maybe a
week... For the moment I'm just struggling with the insert speed.
    (We could also use sharding -- horizontal partitioning on
different machines -- and this wourd reduce the load...)

    Ciprian.