Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings

От Ciprian Dorin Craciun
Тема Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings
Дата
Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings  (Scara Maccai <m_lists@yahoo.it>)
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Ciprian Dorin Craciun
> <ciprian.craciun@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>    Hello all!
> SNIP
>>    So I would conclude that relational stores will not make it for
>> this use case...
>
> I was wondering you guys are having to do all individual inserts or if
> you can batch some number together into a transaction.  Being able to
> put > 1 into a single transaction is a huge win for pgsql.

    I'm aware of the performance issues between 1 insert vs x batched
inserts in one operation / transaction. That is why in the case of
Postgres I am using COPY <table> FROM STDIN, and using 5k batches...
(I've tried even 10k, 15k, 25k, 50k, 500k, 1m inserts / batch and no
improvement...)

    Ciprian Craciun.

Сообщение: Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings
Сообщение: Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings