Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings

От Ciprian Dorin Craciun
Тема Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com> wrote:
> see, I am affraid of the part when it says "randomly", because you probably
> used random(), which isn't the fastest thing on earth :)

    I can assure you this is not the problem... The other storage
engines work quite well, and also the generation speed is somewhere at
30 million records / second, which 100 greater than the speed achieved
by the fastest store I've tested so far...

    Ciprian.