Re: PostgreSQL Active-Active

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Active-Active
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 06.02.2018 um 12:01 schrieb Dhandapani Shanmugam:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> Do we have active-active setup in postgreSQL, like we have in oracle
> RAC?. Sorry if this question has been addressed already. What will be
> best open source HA for postgresql with zero RTO and RPO.
>
> -D

we have BDR, but this isn't the same as Oracle RAC. BDR is more for
replication over long distances (around the globe), and BDR isn't a
solution for HA.
For HA you should consider normal streaming replication and our repmgr,
for instance. And for Backup (RTO, RPO) our Barman.

http://www.pgbarman.org/
https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/news-and-roadmap-for-bdr-multi-master-postgresql/

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com