Re: Ryu floating point output patch

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Дата
Re: Ryu floating point output patch  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/17/19 10:56 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> writes:
>> I'd been holding off responding in the hope of other opinions, but for
>> what it's worth, I *really* dislike having pg_dump depend magically on
>> some new environment variable.
> Likewise.

Sure, no problem here - that was just a POC. I did it that way to
minimize the code involved.

>> b) new command-line option, e.g. pg_dump --extra-float-digits=0
>> This is probably the safest option, IMO. Any preferences as to the
>> option name?
> I like that too, assuming that it can be made to fit into the
> structure of the cross-version-upgrade tests (which would have
> to know to use it only with >= v12 pg_dump).
>
> --extra-float-digits seems fine as a name.

There are all sorts of version-specific things done there. The code will
be pretty minimal. We'll only invoke it if the target version is >= 12
and the source version is <= 11.

I can do this if we're agreed.

cheers

andrew